Sunday, 21 August 2016

WHAT I'VE LEARNT DURING MY YEAR OF BLOGGING!

Hello Everybody!
You may be aware that it is coming up to my blogs first birthday! So today, I thought I would share with you some things I have learnt through past year!

1. Write what YOU want to write

I learnt this pretty early in my blogging journey and I think its something everyone should know. Don't write because you think thats what people want to read, because if you yourself, aren't enjoying what you are writing about, theres a pretty big chance your readers won't enjoy it either. To this day, I still struggle with this and it is something that I find hard, but I'm definitely becoming more aware of this as I continue. But, obviously, keep in mind your readers at the same time and the purpose of your blog!

2. It's okay to take breaks

Around two or three months ago, I took a very long break in my blogging, which, at the time, I really regretted doing. I was afraid that all the work I had put into my blog would go and, even though I really wanted to start blogging again, I just couldn't come up with ideas that I liked or thought would be interesting to read.
As for this point, I think I realised this around two weeks ago. Its okay to take breaks, whether thats a week or a month. Don't put yourself under too much pressure, sometimes a break is what you need, to get yourself and your ideas together.
Also, don't put yourself under too much pressure to post a certain day every week. When I started my blog, I wanted to post every Sunday and if I missed a Sunday, I HAD to have a good excuse for it and put the post up on Monday!
If you know you probably can't keep to that schedule, don't fully set it in the first place. I still like Sunday to be the day I post, it will always be in the back of my mind that a post should be going up, but if I miss it, now, I've learnt that it's okay.

3. Don't be afraid to have your own opinions

I started doing some of my thoughts posts very early on and they are still to this day some of my favourite ones I've ever done! I think if you can have your own opinion on your blog, it defines who you are and people will appreciate you more for being honest, but also, they are just nice because you can get out whatever you are thinking. Don't be afraid to let your thoughts go!

4. Dont compare your style to others!

Everyone has a unique blogging style, so don't compare your blog to other peoples and think their blog is way better than mine, because they will have a completely different style. Obviously, looking at other peoples blogs and seeing how their style could help improve your own and getting some inspiration is good, but don't get too carried away comparing them.

I hope that these four tips have inspired you or helped you in some sort of way! If you are thinking of starting a blog, 100% go for it! Let me know some of your own blogging tips in the comments below!
I love you all so much and I'll see you very soon !

Love,
Abby x

No comments:

Post a Comment