Sunday, 6 September 2015

FINDING YOURSELF

Recently, I read a post by a friend called  Sophia, which was called Pressure at 13. This post got me thinking a lot more than it probably should have! For me, this post was really relatable! So this is what this post was inspired by, it was also inspired by many other people, who I will mention in this post! Sorry if this is a bit deep and your prefer my reviews and stuff! But this post will be my thoughts and feelings about finding yourself.

Finding yourself is a difficult thing, especially through your teenage years where you have so many thoughts and feelings floating around your head, you don't really know what to think anymore. I know that one of these thoughts in my head is your appearance. In todays society, I believe we are judged a lot on what we look like and how we dress. We shouldn't be made to feel like this! You should be able to dress how you want, do your make up how you like etc. I know that my friends have had an influence on the types of things that I wear! Sometimes, it feels like my group of friends are judged upon for what we wear. This is wrong. I believe you should wear things that make you feel happy and comfortable. Don't be afraid of what people might think of you if you stand out! Be bold!

A second thing I feel is a thought of many teenagers, is the future. I know it seems a while away before you need to start thinking about a serious career, but when so many people are asking you what you want to do, its kind of hard to push it aside. As a child, I always said that I wanted to do something within fashion, art or photography. Whether thats in the fashion industry, being an artist or a photographer, its what I have always had a passion for. Recently, I have been asked 'what do you want to do when your older?' a lot. I always reply with the same answer. However, sometimes I think to myself, what if I have made a mistake? But in the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take. So if its what you want to do, take the leap of faith, you will never know what will happen if you don't! At the moment, I write a blog and I am still in education, so I'm still deciding what I want to do with my life. Whether I go to college and uni, start YouTube one day, or I take a completely different path! I'm happy at the moment with what I do, so thats the most important thing!

Finally, you should start to say yes to things. The more you say yes to things, the more opportunities will come to you! I have said yes to a couple of things this year, but one of the biggest things I said yes to was starting this blog! About a year ago, I would have been too scared to put my thoughts and feelings onto the online world, but I decided that I would go for it because it is something that I have always wanted to try! And I 'm glad I did!

I have found a few quotes which are quite inspiring with finding yourself and saying yes, so I though I would include a few:

'Just Say Yes' -Zoella (aka Zoe Sugg)
'Sometimes the only way to ever find yourself to get completely lost.' -Kellie Elmore
'Starts can't shine without darkness' -unknown
'Stop dreaming, start doing' -unknown
'I am on a rollercoaster that only goes up' -The fault in our stars

I hope you enjoyed this post and you can relate to it! Please leave some comments of any other thoughts that you might have! I will be back to my normal posts next week!
I will also leave a link to Zoella's Just Say Yes video because that video also inspired me to say yes to many things as well!
As always, thank you so much for your support! It means the world to me!

Love,
Abby-Louise x

8 comments:

  1. This is a really important and inspiring post. About the first point, it's so important to dress and look the way you want to, without worrying about what other people think. I think that working on your confidence can really help with that. Throughout school was never really very confident and always worried about what people thought about me, but when I started uni I became a lot more confident in myself and stopped caring as much. Also, it really annoys me when teacher, parents etc... push you when your young into deciding on a career path. I think when you're 16/17 you're still too young to be deciding, let alone even than that! Like why should we have to decide what we are going to spend the rest of our lives doing at that young age. I just graduated from university and I'm still pretty clueless, but that's okay! I think just do what makes you happy, like in school just pick the subjects that make you happy rather than the ones you feel you should do :)

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my post! I'm glad you liked it! And yes I agree with you 100% :) x

      Delete
  2. So true. At least I'm not the only one! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and no your not the only one! x

      Delete
  3. Very lovely post. I think that in today's society, we are judged easily. And they didn't even know us. They only know not even the half part of our life.

    I love this post :)

    All my love. Celeanor ❤️ celeanorgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! And I agree 100% xx

      Delete
  4. Wooohooo congrats on starting a blog that is such huge and positive thing and by the way your blog is great! This post was really uplifting and inspiring and the words I needed to hear so thank you! <3

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete