Tuesday, 1 September 2015

AUGUST FAVOURITES

August is sadly coming to an end and September is looming, which means that we're leaving the summer months :( Although, in the UK, it kind of feels like its already come and gone...

So today, I thought that I would highlight a few things that I have been loving this month!

Make Up

Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick: 38

I picked this up because I was looking for a new lipstick as I wanted something a bit more a bit more summer-y and this seemed like the perfect choice for me! The actual lipstick is a salmon pink colour, which doesn't sound very nice, but when you actually wear it, it looks amazing! The packaging on the lipstick is really handy as it is not too big. I also think the price is great (£5.49) as they are great quality lipsticks, but also affordable. When this runs out, I will 100% be buying this again, however, I will probably wait until next summer/spring as it is going into Autumn and Winter now. Maybe Rimmel 107 as a new favourite?

Tanya Burr Cosmetics


I have two products from the Tanya Burr range. As you may notice, the lipgloss is in the old packaging and the eyeshadow is in the new packaging. I think the new packaging is amazing and so much nicer than the old packaging!
Anyway, about the actual product! I wasn't really sure what to expect with her products because I'm quite cautious about new products, especially eyeshadows. I brought the eyeshadow because I had heard some good reviews about it and I can honestly say that this is a great palette! The palette that I brought was the fairytale eye palette. I really liked the look of this one because I quite like a natural eye look and I am not very daring when it comes to golds and bright colours like that! Although the black can look a bit intimidating, I personally think that this is what can finish the look, for example, this would look nice if you were going to a party, but didn't want to be too dramatic. When I use this palette, I first take 'cream tea' over my whole eyelid, especially under the brow bone. Next, I take 'velvet cushion' into the crease of my eye, then adding alohomora into the outer corners of my eye. Finally, if I want to add a more dramatic look, I take 'witches cat' across my lash line to add a smudged eyeliner effect. I think this product is AMAZING and I can't really pick out a fault with it! I really like the natural look it gives. I believe this would be a great look for school, college or work (maybe without 'witches cat') As for the lipgloss, the lipgloss it great quality. I have it in the shade 'afternoon tea' I really like this shade as it is a lovely pastel colour. This is another great summer-y colour which I have been wearing a lot lately!

Baby Lips- Cherry Me

Theres not really that much to say about this! This product is a tinted lip balm by Maybeline Baby Lips. It leaves your lips in great condition and smells amazing!

Maybeline Falsies Mascara 

I have been using this mascara for about two years now and I really like it! It has so much volume, but you can also have your own control! You decide whether you want really big lashes or just a little bit of extension. I really rate this mascara! If you have any other suggestions of mascaras which are in Superdrug or Boots, please leave them below!

Collection Eyeshadow Crayons

Before I brought these, I had seen these is many YouTube videos, but different brands which were much more expensive. So when I walked into Superdrug, which I do a lot, I saw these on the Collection counter! I think it's save to say I was quite excited! There were lots of different colours in there, including golden/yellow, green, pink and white. As I like natural colours, I picked up the pink and white. I kind of knew what to expect with these as I had seen many versions of them before, but I had never tried them before. When I tried them, I was quite impressed! They are waterproof, which means they last for ages, they are also bendable. This is great if you want to add a darker shade to add definition.

Beauty 

Zoella Beauty



Okay, so I don't want to go into too much detail with this because I plan to do a post in the future about Zoella Beauty! But I have really been loving Zoƫ's products lately, so I thought it would be wrong if I didn't include them! But here are the products that I have/ have had in the past that I would recommend. I'm only going to do a quick run down here but here we go!

Original Range Products: 

Beauty Bags: These are amazing because they are a great size and have a really nice structure! I have two because I have so much make up!

Blissful Mistful: I really like the scent of the body mist! It really reminds me of winter, anyone else?

Soak Opera: This has to be my favourite product in the range because I love bubble baths! I also really liked this because it has an amazing scent like the rest of the range!

Tutti Frutti Range: 

Kissy Missy Lip Balm: This is actually quite pigmented! I really like the colour.

Foam Sweet Foam Shower Gel: This product is my favourite! I have had this for about 2 months now and I still have about half the bottle left! Plus, I use this most days!

Candy Cream (Hand Cream): I like this product as it leaves your hands nice and soft, but also not too greasy!

Music :

Okay, so I have been loving a few song lately, so I thought I would throw them in here too!

Fight Song By Rachel Platten: I am in love with this song! It has such inspirational lyrics and a really good beat! If you haven't listened to it, I will leave it at the bottom of this post somewhere for you to see!

She's Kinda Hot EP by 5 Seconds Of Summer: Can we just take a minute to appreciate that the boys have a new EP out? As you will find out, I am pretty much obsessed with 5SOS! I am so proud of them for winning the VMA's song of the summer! But can I just say, what is this with #freemyhomieCalum trending on twitter?

Fashion 

I would just like to add that this is NOT my photo, I just found this and thought it was quite cute and this is basically what I was about to explain. 
Ringer Tee

I have pretty much been living in these tops for the past month. I got my from New Look and it is so soft! These tops also go with a lot. I tend to pair mine with Ripped Skinny jeans and a flannel shirts! 

Ripped Skinny Jeans

Okay, so about 6 months ago, I would refuse to wear jeans because they were so uncomfortable, but now, I live in them! Again, mine are from New Look. 

High Waisted Shorts

These are amazing in summer because they go with everything. I really like white ones as they are summer-y and black ones go with a lot too. 

Flannel Shirts

Again, I reach for these nearly everyday and then have to put it back because I think:
Maybe I should wear something different?


So thats pretty much it for my favourites this month! Please let me know what you've been loving this month in the comments! Also, let me know where I can find your favourites, so I can give them a try! All of the things mentioned in this post are from New Look, Superdrug, iTunes and Boots! I'm pretty sure you can get them in other places too, but this is where I got them :) Thank you so much again for visiting my blog, it means so much to me!

Love, 
Abby-Lousie x

P.s. This is the Fight Song video which I said I'd add!



2 comments:

  1. I want to own the Zoella beauty pouch, because it's soooo cute! Haha. Anyways, i freaked out when I read "5SOS". You can say I'm a fan :)

    celeanorgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete